Monday, September 28, 2009

A brief synopsis

Yup...five kids, four fish, three cats, two parents, and one dog. Full house.

Five kids:
  • Mackenzie - Or Kenzie, for short. (So uncool to be called by your given name these days!) Kenzie is thirteen, and every ounce a teenager. Scary. She is in the eighth grade at Meridian Middle School. She both relishes and detests her role as the eldest child.
  • Jantzen - The only boy in the group. Poor kid is surrounded by females all day long! (The cats and dog included.) Most days, he doesn't seem to mind too much. He is pretty easygoing. Jantzen is nine and in the fourth grade at Chief Joseph Elementary.
  • Emily - Every bit the middle child. Miss Mischief, some would call her. Smart enough to know better than to do certain things, but stubborn enough not to care. (Stubborn? In this family? Never!) Emily is eight and in the third grade.
  • Chrystal - A daydreamer! We frequently hear from others that she seems to be "in her own little world". A fact that no one here would deny! Chrystal has always had, and always will have, dad wrapped around her little finger. She is seven and in second grade.

That's right, folks...three CONSECUTIVE years of half-day kindergarten. It's a wonder I survived. That will suck the life right out of you, I swear!

  • Abigail - The little princess. Loves and hates being the youngest. Depends on the day...or hour. ;) Eager to be "big", Abigail has been asking for the last year and a half when she will get to go to school. At home with me all day, she both keeps me busy and entertained. Full of personality, Abigail is three.

Now, since I started this blog...no more fish...two less cats...somehow, still a zoo! ;) There are days when it seems the chaos just might make me crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. The whole reason I became a mom was to be a mom...(moms, does that make sense?)...kids fighting is par for the course. I'd be a fool to expect perfection. Each of us learn and grow every day. (I'm referring to both children and parents here...and I suppose the world in general as well.) I am so grateful for all that I have, and the people I know and love so much.

I'm a bad blogger, I know. This blog has existed for over a year, and this is post number two. Bear with me, guys. I'm learning. See you again next August! (Right?!) ;)

No comments: